Terms and Conditions
1. Information about us
This site is operated by, and the goods you purchase will be supplied by, hofstein GmbH (“we”). We are registered in Cologne, Germany under company number HRB 69565. Our primary business address is:
Alter Deutzer Postweg 221
Our VAT number is DE 815 200 597
You can contact us by email at [email protected], by telephone at +44 020 3514 7046 or you may write us at
Alter Deutzer Postweg 221
2. Your personal information
3. Contract language
The contractual language is English. When we accept your order, we have a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with these Terms and Conditions.
You may place an order to purchase goods advertised for sale on this site by following the onscreen prompts after clicking on the item you wish to purchase. You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order, up until the point at which you place your order by clicking the purchase button on the checkout page. If you submit an order for goods via this site by clicking the purchase button, you agree to pay for the goods you have selected on our website. We acknowledge the receipt of your order by sending you an automatically generated email accepting your order.
The contract will relate only to those specific goods which are referred to in the email confirmation for your order. You should read and check the details in this email to ensure that they are correct. If the details in the email confirming your order are not correct, or if you are not satisfied with the details in the email, please contact us at: [email protected]
You will receive confirmation of your order by email. Please check that the details contained in this email are correct. If there are any mistakes, please let us know immediately. Your confirmation email is neither an invoice nor a formal acceptance of your order. Invoices are sent with the goods. If we are unable to fulfill part or all of your order (due to having sold out for example), or if there is an error in your order, we will advise you as soon as possible. If payment has been made on an order that we are unable to fulfill, we will immediately refund you by the same method of payment.
5. Prices and delivery costs
All prices shown on the product pages include VAT at a rate of 19%, and exclude shipping costs. All prices are subject to change without notice.
We deliver inside the UK and within the European Union.
Shipping costs are displayed when clicking on the "Shipping" link or logo at the top and bottom of any page. The shipping fee is specified and applied to the order before checkout.
6. Availability and delivery
Information displayed on this site relating to product availability is subject to change without notice. We cannot guarantee permanent or continuous availability of all products on this site. All orders are subject to availability at all times.
We deliver inside the UK and within the European Union.
We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you specified as the delivery address at the time you made your order on this site.
Your order will be shipped once payment has been approved.
The estimated delivery date is shown on the product page.
The shipping is carried out via DHL/ParcelForce.
We must receive payment in advance before your order can be processed and the goods can be dispatched. Payment for goods can be made with one of the following payment methods:
- PayPal: the safest, fastest and easiest way to pay. You just need to link your PayPal account to your bank account, debit, or credit card.
- Credit card: We currently accept major international credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Bank transfer: you will receive our bank details by email.
8. Right to cancel
You have the right to cancel from this contract within 14 days without giving a reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods. To exercise the right to cancel you must inform us:
Alter Deutzer Postweg 221
Telephone: +44 020 3514 7046
Email: [email protected]
of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail).
You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory. Click here to view the cancellation form template. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). We may make a reduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than-
(a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
(b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or
(c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back from you, or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us.
The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling, other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functionality of the goods.
The right to cancel does not apply to the following contracts:
- the supply of goods for which the price is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by us and which may occur within the cancellation period;
- the supply of goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
- the supply of goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- the supply of alcoholic beverages, where (i) their price has been agreed at the time of the conclusion of the sales contract, (ii) delivery of them can only take place after 30 days, and (iii) their value is dependent on fluctuations in the market which cannot be controlled by us;
- the supply of a newspaper, periodical or magazine with the exception of subscription contracts for the supply of such publications;
- in the case of a contract for the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if they become unsealed after delivery;
- in the case of a contract for the supply of sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software, if the goods become unsealed after delivery;
- if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if, for example:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered
- We do not deliver to your area
- One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price.
If we do cancel your contract, we will notify you by email and will refund the total amount of your purchase.
10. Ownership and risk
You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you and we have clearly received full payment for the goods. Once goods have been delivered to you, or a person nominated by you, you undertake the risk and responsibility of handling them appropriately and with respect to their suggested safety measures.
To the extent not prohibited by law, we do not accept liability for any:
- loss which is not foreseeable (loss is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach of the Terms and Conditions, or if it was contemplated by either party at the time we entered into our contract);
- loss which arises when we are not at fault or in breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- business loss (which includes loss of profits, loss of business, contracts, goodwill, business opportunity and other similar losses, as well as business interruption).
Nothing in these terms will affect any liability we may have:
- for fraudulent misrepresentation;
- for death or personal injury arising from our negligence:
- under Part I of the Consumer Protection Act of 1987;
- for the breach of any condition as to the ownership, quiet enjoyment of, or in relation to, any goods supplied by us; or
- in relation to any other liability, including any liabilities under the sale of goods or supply of services legislation, that may not be applicable law, is excluded, or limited.
12. Events beyond our control
We have no liability for any delay in delivering goods you have ordered that may be caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control, such as natural disaster.
13. General conditions
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality, or enforceability of any other part of these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
No person or entity other than you or hofstein GmbH shall have any rights to enforce our agreement in regards to the contracts or otherwise (Rights of Third Parties Act of 1999). If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under our agreement, or if we do not enforce the agreement upon you, or if we delay in doing so, that does not imply that we have waived our right to do so, and it does not imply that you are not required to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default for you, we will only do so in writing, and that does not imply that we will automatically waive any other default for you at a later time.
You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under our agreement, unless we agree in writing.
We may update, adjust, and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. Each time you order or otherwise purchase any goods from us, the Terms and Conditions in force at that time will apply (as set out on this site). Please check this site to ensure that you understand which Terms and Conditions apply.
14. Law and jurisdiction
These terms are governed by English Law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site, and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with, any such contract will be governed by English Law. Both parties agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.